Solo travel offers unique perspective for women

Solo travel offers unique perspective for women

Travel Women 
Travel Women
By KRISTI EATON,Associated Press
Three years ago I embarked on my first solo travel experience, a nine-day reporting trip to Samoa. I was 23, fresh out of college and eager to see what the world had to offer.

Looking back, I marvel at how eager people were to strike up conversations with me, invite me to an activity or offer tips on a hidden gem not listed in my guidebook. But I also cringe at some of my decisions, like getting in a car alone with two men who offered to show me around the island of Upolu. Fortunately that adventure turned out fine, and overall, my visit to Samoa opened up my eyes to a whole new way of traveling.

I've since gone on solo trips to Vietnam, Hong Kong, Thailand, Australia and Antigua, and I've learned to make safe choices while experiencing destinations in ways that traveling with others might not allow.

Other women who travel alone have similar perspectives. "I find that if I am traveling alone, it is much easier to meet the locals," said Betty Thesky, 46, a flight attendant who has been to more than 30 countries and whose first solo trip was to Jordan and Israel.

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

مريم العذراء أعلى الإيرادات فى فنزويلا

Egypt economy recovering, wants Europe debt relief